Our Vision Statement
To work to protect, enhance and restore our Upper Mississippi River resources by serving as volunteers and partners with conservation organizations to provide education about these resources for our citizens, to advocate for government policies that will support these resources and to increase awareness of threats to the health of the Upper Mississippi River.
Mission of the Friends of the Upper Mississippi
- Provide volunteer services to the U. S. Fish and Wildlife Service and other Conservation organizations for native species restoration and population monitoring.
- Provide education programs for members and the general public on conservation issues and benefits
- Provide grants for educational activities
- Provide outdoor activities for children
- Be a primary point of contact with local and national public officials in support of Mississippi River resources
- Provide fundraising activities to support local conservation programs
- Inform local groups and provide education on conservation issues