If you would like to volunteer, please contact Midwest Fisheries Center volunteer coordinator Gretchen Newberry at Gretchen_Newberry@fws.gov.
Winter is pretty quiet for outreach, but we have the following opportunities coming up over the winter and in the new year:
• Digitization of data files
• Scanning in old slides
• Photography of the outdoors (with an aquatic theme) for our Facebook page
• Breaking in of a new motor (if you are MOCC-certified)
• 10/24-10/25/19 9am-2pm both days: Wetland Education Days at Myrick Park (outreach with a fish arts and crafts activity)
• 10/24/19 Norsekedalen’s Ghoulees in the Coulees event 5:30-8pm at Norsekedalen; Blood suckers table (lamprey, mussels, ticks, leeches, and goat suckers).
• 11/9/19 Waterfowl Observation Day, 10am-2pm, at the Brownsville Overlook, Info table about the ecosystem, fish, plants and birds.
• 11/23/19 Family Fun Day, 10:30am-2pm, at Genoa National Fish Hatchery, Aquarium activity table in the interpretative center.
• February 2020, dates TBD, Ice fishing classes and cooking, at Midwest Fisheries Center, ice fishing site TBD
• 4/1/20 Environmental Day, West Salem, Time and Outreach activity TBD
• 5/16/20 World Fish Migration Day, Time, Location, and Outreach activity TBD